Can I Smoke Pot a Week Before Breast Augmentation?

Or eat it? I am a regular consumer of marijuana and don't want to take a break, but can if I have to for safety with general anesthesia. How much of a break, if any, is advisable?

Smoking Pot before or after Surgery

+2

Smoking pot should not affect your surgery.  However, as stated, you should be upfront with your doctor and your anesthesiologist prior to surgery so that they can plan accordingly.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.Shafer PlasticSurgery.com

Marijuana use

+2
Marijuana is a vasodilator and should be avoided prior to general anesthesia. Its use should also be reported to the anesthesiologist for safety's sake.

Marijauna and Surgery

+1

is not a contraindication but you should inform your surgeon and the anesthetist/anesthesiologist so you can be properly informed of the risks you assume by continuing to use marijuana up to the date of surgery and presumably post-operatively.

Smoking pot

+1

Smoking pot is against the law unless it is prescribed as medicinal marijuana.  Would you trust a Plastic Surgeon who tells you it's ok to do something illegal?