Can botox treat blepharospasm?

Is Botox the only way to treat this condition I've been fighting for three years. I have a lot of other health problems as well. Two days after the BOTOX my left eyelid drooped and was literally shut. I have a lot of MS symtoms and am going through steps to find a diagnosis.I have double vision and wear double vision glasses. Since the Botox and the droopy eyelid the glasses don't work and my vision is blurry and light sensitivity is no better that,i'm also sick to my stomach.

Botox for blepharospasm

+3
I am so sorry for what you have been going through. Yes, #Botox can be very helpful in blepharospasm.  I have actually found it often works even if it placed under the eye, where it is much safer to inject.  Perhaps your physician would like to try injecting this area.

Blepharospasm and Botox in MS

+2
It is not clear that you have a confirmed diagnosis of "blepharospasm". If you do, you should be under the care of an ophthalmologist. Is your neurologist managing your MS? Botox injection is generally contraindicated in MS and I would not recommend them unless directly supervised by your neurologist. Given your history with the Botox injection, you are advised not to have Botox injections by cosmetic medical professionals as your pathology is complicated and can be aggravated by Botox.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox can help if used properly

+1
Botox can help if it is used properly.  Because of the very delicate nature of your problem, you should see an occuloplastic surgeon who has treated this before with botox.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD