When I Smile I Look Like a Witch and I Did Rhino 3weeks Ago,is That Normal?i Am Black

when i smile i look like a witch i did rhino 3 weeks ago,and my nose keep running like i have a cold and my voice has changed is that normal?i am a singer how long before it gets to normal and for my smile to look normal?

Post rhinoplasty drainage

+1

Signifcant post rhinoplatsy drainage is rare in my practice. A lot of this depends on what was done inside the nose. Crusting and scabs are far more common. Congestion is going to be an issue in all nasal surgeries because of the internal swlling. this could account for your voice change but, will clear with time. I believe you need to return to your surgeon for evaluaton for infection. If by a witch look when smiling is what you mean,this may be due to lack of tip support. This a common problem in the African American nose. However no surgical correction should be entertained until healing is complete.

Swelling will subside after Rhinoplasty

+1

The swelling from the Rhinoplasty will subside over the next several months.  From your photo, your upper lip appears quite swollen unless fillers were injected at the same time as the Rhinoplasty.  Nasal clear discharge is very common after Rhinoplasty most likely due to the trauma from incisions inside the nose.  This can lasts for several months, so you might want to ask your surgeon what he/she wants you to do about it.  Do not use any over the counter sprays inside your nose, except saline sprays, without asking your surgeon as some can decrease the internal healing after a Rhinoplasty.

Nasal Drainage and "Witch" Appearance 3 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

See your surgeon re the continuous nasal drainage, which may be affecting your voice. Nasal sprays can be helpful and antibiotics may be necessary. Your appearance will improve as the obvious swelling decreases.

Rhinoplasty results

+1

It is way too early to see the final results of your rhinoplasty. There is a alot of swelling in the early post-op period.

+1

Even though it is only 3 weeks post rhinoplasty and in spite of the swelling I can see your concern.

The tip is somewhat pinched and have the "parenthesis sign".With time your symptoms will improve but the general anatomy of  the nose will remain the same.

Erel Laufer, MD

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year.

+1

It is too early to make any determination about your nose because the swelling will take 1 year to go down.

Rhinoplasty result

+1

Your picture still shows a lot of swelling.  The swelling can affect not only the appearance of your nasal tip, but how that whole area of your face looks when you smile.

Malik Kutty, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

+1

You will have to wait for the healing to complete in 9-12 months or more before making a judgement about the result. Things change with time.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon