Vaser on Double Chin and Jawline - Can't Smile.

Had vaserlipo 5days ago on my double chin and jawline...i look horrendous, very swollen, badly bruised etc., but im more worried about my smile....My bottom lip isnt working right and i cannot smile properly. Im so worried, my surgeon is saying its gonna take time...im not so sure. Also my neck is very lumpy and im sposed to be massaging it, but im in alot of pain and i cant do it for more than a couple of minutes. Im sooooo, regretting having this done. Please somebody....give me some hope!!

Neck liposuction

+2

Vaser uses ultrasonic energy and can heat up quite a bit.  This can lead to lumpiness and also some numbness to the lower face as well. Give it some time to settle and follow closely with your surgeon.

Neck Liposuction

+2

Vaser Liposuction is a very effective method of removing excess fat from the neck areas, but it can be quite traumatic. This results in a fair amount of swelling and bruising, which will resolve within the next few weeks. As regards the movement issues of your lower lip, it appears that a branch of the facial nerve (marginal mandibular nerve) is not working as it should. This is usually due to bruising of the nerve during the procedure, and this may take several months to recover. To improve your appearance, you may want to receive Botox to the non affected side (the side that pulls down) to create better symmetry.

Wilfred Brown, MD
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

+2

I can only tell you MOST likely over a few months things will improve, especially the smile issue. I hope. I never use the vaser for chin liposuction. The cannulae is too large and the sound wave explodes the fat cells causing more swelling and inflammation. So longer to heal. As for the smiling malfunction, this is due to stretching or damage to the marginal mandibular nerve branch of the 7th cranial nerve. So the affected lower lip does not move, it is frozen sort of. Sorry for your issues. From MIAMI DR. Darryl j. Blinski

Vaser Lipo

+1

At the 10th day to 14th day, you should have a lot of the swelling reduced.  Massaging is painful, thus just perform a gentle massage for a short time.  Also, take your pain medication as directed.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon