I Can't Smile Because of my Nose

The sides of my nose are very shallow sloping, making the base of my nose appear much larger. I always have to hold back laughing or smiling properly because people have made fun of me because of how strange it looks. Is there anything at all that can fix this? There's nothing at all I like about my nose, so anything I can do to make it better would be great.

Unhappy with nose

+1

You have to be more specific about what you do not like about your nose.  Once you can pinpoint these things and they seem realistic to treat then a rhinoplasty may be a good option.

Unhappy with Appearance of Nose, Especially When Smiling

+1

Hi K,

The best "plastic surgery" that we can offer patients is smiling.  You should consult with a few rhinoplasty specialists so that you can get your smile back. 

At your consultation, smile and create the problem that bothers you.  The surgeon should be able to make a diagnosis of what is causing your problem and offer a plan to correct it, and anything else that troubles you about your nose.  Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Smiling and nasal surgery.

+1

Everyone's nose gets wider when they smile. If you do not like the width at the base or the size of the tip, these can be corrected with a rhinoplasty. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.