How Can Smile Lines from Premature Ovarian Failure Be Corrected?

I'm 24 years old, and I've had deep smile lines for as long as I can remember. In the past, I simply accepted them as a minor, tolerable flaw. However, in the last few months, they've become much deeper due to loss of collagen caused by premature ovarian failure. I'd like to know, can these lines be completely corrected? If so, about how much would it cost? Also, will hormone replacement therapy be able to help with the collagen loss? I want to look my age again!

There are many possibilities

+3

First of all, you have a very attractive face and smile lines are not perceived negatively by the person you are smiling at regardless of your age. Whatever the cause, you can easily inject them with Restylane, and Radiesse and have very nice corrections that can last well over a year. Other treatments include fat grafting, subcision, and even direct excision and closure. None of these would I recommend for a variety of reasons.

Also, PLEASE do not be tempted because of your age to use a permanent filler in your face such as liquid silicone just because you might think it would be a one time treatment!!! These permanent fillers can cause disasters that may not appear for several years.

Fillers

+1

The simple answer is to use Hyaluronic acid fillers. It is easy, quick, affordable and it is adjustable. If you like the effect you can use a longer lasting one e.g Radiesse.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Ther eare multiple option

+1

Dr.Rand answered you question and he has covered all the option. If the line make you unhappy try the Juvaderm or Restylane first. If you like the results then you would benefit from fat injection.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon