Smile After Rhinoplasty?

I'm 7 weeks post-op after an open rhinoplasty , and my upper lip is still a little bit swollen unnoticeably. My smile is still not normal ,I'm afraid that it'll never be like my old one . If it's durable , how much time approx. should I wait ?

Rhinoplasty will not affect your smile.

+1

The swelling subsides your smile should be the the same as it was prior to the operation.

Smile After 7 weeks Rhinoplasty?

+1

Thanks for the question.Yes 7 weeks after a nose job this is what you may feel.Its best to ignore your face, nose, and smile now and dont keep looking in mirrior.It needs time.It will take hopefully up to 3 months to get beck to your normal smile.Wish you all the best.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Altered smile after rhinoplasty

+1

What you're experiencing is probably due to swelling in the upper lip area, and this should resolve with time. It is hard to say exactly when - but most patients take several months, rarely up to a year. you should mention this to your surgeon, who can examine you and rule out other possible causes.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon