Smile After Rhinoplasty?

I'm 7 weeks post-op after an open rhinoplasty , and my upper lip is still a little bit swollen unnoticeably. My smile is still not normal ,I'm afraid that it'll never be like my old one . If it's durable , how much time approx. should I wait ?

Rhinoplasty will not affect your smile.

The swelling subsides your smile should be the the same as it was prior to the operation.

Smile After 7 weeks Rhinoplasty?

Thanks for the question.Yes 7 weeks after a nose job this is what you may feel.Its best to ignore your face, nose, and smile now and dont keep looking in mirrior.It needs time.It will take hopefully up to 3 months to get beck to your normal smile.Wish you all the best.

Altered smile after rhinoplasty

What you're experiencing is probably due to swelling in the upper lip area, and this should resolve with time. It is hard to say exactly when - but most patients take several months, rarely up to a year. you should mention this to your surgeon, who can examine you and rule out other possible causes.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon