Smelled Detergent After Rhinoplasty Surgery?

Good Evening, I accidentally smelled detergent last night while I was at the groceries. I was wondering what it was but I totally forgot about my nose. I am two weeks and five days post op and I am a little frightened that there might be a consequence if there is any. My question is: Is there any consequence smelling the detergent? Can I ruin the results or can I get an infection? My head is hurting right now, but I am not sure if I'm over thinking this and this might be causing my headache.

Smelled detergent 2-3 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

The smelling of detergent 2-3 weeks after your rhinoplasty should not affect your nose and is most likely not the cause of your headaches.  If the headaches do not improve, you should mention this to your surgeon and seek medical attention.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Smelling Detergent

+1

Dear uluvme: It is very unlikely that you damaged your result by smelling detergent. Inhalation of certain chemical adulterants can damage your septum but this is usually after multiple exposures. Hope this helps!

Stephen E. Metzinger, MD
Metairie Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty question

+1

It would be highly unlikely that anything that you smelled what effect the results of your rhinoplasty.  Your nose may just be supersensitive to smell following your surgery

Smelling detergent

+1

I do not believe you hurt anything with simple detergent.  The headache may not be related.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Consequence of smelling detergent after rhinoplasty?

+1

I do not know of any sequelae that may  occur from smelling something pungent like detergent after rhinoplasty surgery.