I Had a SMAS Facelift 2 Weeks and 3 Days Ago. Swelling/Numbness Normal?

Swelling/numbness has accumulated mostly alongside stitches & jawline & although the swelling is even on both sides the swelling feels dense, thick and kind of hard-ish. Is this normal? Also, I have these slight dents under my cheek bones that I believe is caused by a combination of wearing compression @ night & where majority of swelling begins. Is this normal? I have good things to report about my recovery: bruising is gone. symmetry is good. No pain. & an indication of results to expect.thx

SMAS Facelift Swelling and Numbness

Swelling and numbness after a SMAS lift can last for several weeks. Many surgeons will do facial fat injections at the same time, so the swelling can be more dramatic and take longer to resolve. By 3-4 weeks, you should expect most of the swelling to resolve. Being just 2 weeks post-op, swelling and numbness are common. Numbness can last for several months.  Some contour irregularities are common, but usually resolve with time. Good luck.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon