I had SMAS Face and Liposution and Platysma Band Necklift 3 Weeks Ago - Is This Swelling Normal? (Photo)

I have a swelling in front of the thyroid cartilage and a horizontal swelling along there also , is this normal , does this type of surgery involve this area

Swelling normal 3 weeks after face and neck lift

+1
You look very good for 3 weeks after the significant face and neck lift that you had.  Please consult your plastic surgeon about the possibility of gentle massage of the swollen area.

Great early result!

+1
You look terrific and please be patient as your swelling and tightness will continue to improve for months.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Postop swelling

+1
HI Oscarlucy8403.  The single picture I see shows a very nice result.  It is hard to evaluate your progress without seeing before and after pictures.  If you are concerned, i suggest you see your plastic surgeon.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

+1

For 3 weeks post op you have a great result and from the one photo without an exam it is impossible to comment further. Check with your PS if you are concerned

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon