Causes of Smartxide Pinpoint Bleeding?

i just had a second smartdot laser ,this time the machine noise sounded diffrent and also i had more pain and lots of pin point bleeding,iam day 2 no track marks and very little swelling ,i do not understand as this seemed a much more painful than first time and i had more swelling and brown trak marks. this time it was a diffrent sound and much more painful and bleeding ,but swelling and tram marks none at all , please can some expain why.

Treatment with the Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing system SmartXide

+1

Smart Xide Fractional CO2 treatments work to ablate the superficial skin and work well with fine wrinkles and premature skin aging. Small superficial capillaries may also be affected by the ablative Fractional CO2 laser and can bleed during treatment.  I have found this to be a very minor problem with my patients treated in my Santa Monica plastic surgery office. 

Smartxide/pinpoint bleeding

+1

I sometimes get pinpoint bleeding after Smartxide laser treatments, too.  I do not think it has any bearing on the final outcome, so I would not be overly worried.  The pain associated with the procedure is also probably not going to be a factor in the final outcome, but more likely due to differences in anesthesia.  If  topical numbing was left on longer the first time, etc.  Also, diferent settings may have been used, depending on expected results, and this could also be a factor.  Lana Long, M.D.

Cincinnati Dermatologic Surgeon