Is Smartxide Dot Therapy the Same As Pulsed CO2 Laser Resurfacing?

I was scheduled to have Smartxide Dot Therapy in January. I have done a lot of research on this procedure. My surgeon was going to sedate me during this procedure. I received a packet from him for my preop. It said the procedure was "Pulsed co2 laser skin resurfacing." I called the office and asked if that's the same as Smartxide Dot therapy and they said yes. Are they really the same?

Smartxide is probably pulsed but double check

+1

They are probably the same thing, you may be reading post op instructions that were modified from when the doctor used the full CO2 laser, as these were often referred to as pulsed.  I would make sure that your consent says "fractional" CO2 and confirm this with the doctor before your procedure.

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon