SmartXide Dot Vs. Mixto Fractional Co2 Laser for Acne Scars?

I'm 18 & have damaged skin due to popping, scratching, &picking acne in the past. I also have huge enlarged pores &lots of blackheads. I want to get the best (&safe) laser done for especially my acne scars. I'm very depressed about them. I don't want to go anywhere or do anything anymore. Dermatologists (I've seen a couple) say they are mild scars, I may have a few moderate ones. Which laser should I get? SmartXide seems the safest, but Mixto seems more likely to give results (but scary). Please help. I have little money & only get one shot at this.

Fractional co2 laser for acne scars in Los Angeles

+1

I have been very happy with the Smartxide laser and acne scars in my Los Angeles practice. I would recommend a series of laser treatments to improve the scars. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Best laser for acne scarring

+1

Hi there-

First of all, it is absolutely imperative that your acne be under excellent control before considering ANY treatment for scarring. It would make no sense at all for you to spend money and go through a procedure to improve the scars if the causative problem (acne) was not yet corrected.

Once your skin is calm and your acne is under control, it would be appropriate to proceed.

There are many lasers in use for improvement of skin texture. I personally do believe that the Mixto represents the very best technology both for its efficacy (its effectiveness) and its safety and comfort profile.

Having said that, it is also very important that you understand that, in the final analysis, it will be the skill of the person holding the laser (and NOT the laser itself) that will make the biggest difference in your outcome and satisfaction.

Spend your time and energy finding the right Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon to do your procedure, and less time and energy worrying about which laser they should use.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS