SmartXide - It Has Been 14 Days and Still Have Track Marks?

It has been 14 days since having SmartXide on my face and i am still very red and the brown/red laser track marks are still very visible. I am extremely worried that these will not fade! My Doctor has given me Terproline and a mild steriod cream which i mix with the terproline once a day. Please can you give me some comfort that these marks will disappear - I am very very worried. Thanks for your time.

Healing questions after SmartXide treatment

+1

SmartXide is a microablative CO2 laser treatment.  The settings for the laser have to be adjusted depending upon the skin type and thickness.  If you have darker skin or thinner skin the settings definitely have to be adjusted.  The laser power can be set up to a maximum of 30 Watts.  The dwell time or the length of time in milliseconds can be adjusted as well as the pitch or the distance between the dots.  The longer the dwell time and the closer the pitch the more this laser moves from microablative to fully ablative mode.  If done correctly most patients will experience 2 days of swelling, 2 days of peeling and 2 days of redness. Some light salmon colored pinkness can last for 5 to 7 more days.  If you are noticing track marks and redness at 14 days this is unusual.  The track marks may be from skip areas or where the treatment was deep.  Continue to use the topical steroid and be gentle how you manage your skin care and it should resolve.