Smartlipo - Am I a Good Candidate?

Hi, I am 31 years old,a size 8,126 lbs and 5ft 6/7. The problem i have is my flanks,tummy and upper abdomen are much bigger than the rest of me. I have to wear loose dresses and can't wear anything fitted.I have tried diet and exercise and all that happens is i loose my bum,legs go very thin and my face looks gaunt so now i'm thinking only option is Lipo. I don't want traditional lipo so am considering smart lip. i have always dreamed of wearing a crop top.Possible with lipo?Thanks,Sophiex

Smartlipo may address your concerns

+3

Smartlipo is a form of laser liposuction. Given what I see in the picture, this may give you enough volume shrinkage and to a degree, skin tightening that may be better than traditional or standard liposuction. Take note, however, that skin excision surgery, eg, a mini-tuck, will give you better skin tightening, but the trade-off is a longer scar and use of general anesthesia.

Smartlipo has very small access sites and can be done under local anesthesia. Best bet is to have a visit with someone who does BOTH and you can have a more unbiased recommendatiion.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo or Liposuction

+2

If you have tried diet and exercise and are not able to get to your desired point then you should consider liposucion or SmartLipo.  The SmartLipo or laser-assisted liposuction are good options for small areas of fat or difficult to remove fat. The procedures varies only slightly from liposuction, but can have a quicker healing time when used alone.  Often times, I find that using liposuction plus SmartLipo can give the best results.

Both SmartLIpo and Liposuction are safe procedures when performed properly in well-trained hands.  You should schedule a consultation with a trusted and well-trained liposuction surgeon who performs BOTH procedures and get an honest answer about what results can be expected and what procedure is right for you.

Edgar Franklin Fincher, MD, PhD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Smartlipo may be an option

+1

For patients who are within 10-20 pounds of their ideal body weight, which obviously are, but have isolated areas of fat that doesn't respond to diet and exercise, SmartLipo is a good option.  Liposuction, in general, will remove the excess fat in a problem area, however, we have found that SmartLipo patients experience less swelling, less bruising and an easier recovery than with traditional liposuction.  Similar results can be achieved through different methods, but for smaller, localized areas which you are describing, SmartLipo can also be completed under local anesthesia, which is a benefit.  It is important to seek a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in body-contouring for optimal results.  Many physicians offer SmartLipo but they do not always have  equal experience or training, so this is an area to be extra cautious when selecting a qualified surgeon.  As with all cosmetic procedures, your result will be highly dependent upon the skill of your surgeon.  Good luck to you.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction choices

+1

Liposuction can give good results and it depends more on the surgeon than on the device being used.  Good luck.

Liposuction smartlipo vs. conventional tumescent liposuction

+1

The real question is if you are an ideal candidate for liposuction. If you are, then you can discuss the advanatages vs. disadvantages with Smart Liposuction. Smart lipo is laser-assisted liposuction and may not help reduce the mass of the fat removed, but may improve the tightening and skin retraction but studies are ongoing to monitor the complications and benefits of this procedure. There may be a greater risk of thermal burns and irregularities with smartlipo, especially when done by novice surgeons who were not experienced in conventional liposuction prior to starting liposuction so be sure to see an experienced surgeon.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Smartlipo - Am I a Good Candidate

+1

I do not see any photo??? So no way I can advise if the Smart lipo is good for you. Best to see in person a boarded surgeon in your area. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091