SmartLipo Vs. Zeltiq CoolSculpting for Inner Things

I'm 34 years old and have a great body, work out daily, etc. However, I've always had inner thighs that seem to be resistant to exercise. One has a bit of cellulite, which really bothers me. It's enough fat to grab for zeltiq, but I've heard that smartlipo tightens the area too. Which would be better for my situation? Would one session of zeltiq even do much for me? It'd be great if the area was tightened and the cellulite reduced somewhat. Thanks.

Coolsculpting by Zeltiq for Inner Thighs

Coolsculpting by Zeltiq is the idea treatment for the inner thighs.  There is a special applicator that is designed just to treat this area.  It will take one hour to treat each side.  If you can "pinch an inch" then coolsculpting will work for you.  We often combine Zeltiq with Thermage, especially for the arms and legs to get excellent results.  Thermage with the new CPT tip is the best FDA approved way to currently treat cellulite.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who has expertise in these cosmetic procedures for the best results.

Smart Lipo and Zeltiq not helpful for cellulite reduction

Cellulaze is the best surgical treatment for cellulite and Endermologie and Thermage are somewhat helpful non surgical procedures that can help.

Smart Lipo and Zeltiq Cool Lipo Sculpting and other forms of liposuction or fat reduction are not meant for cellulite improvement.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Cellulite and fat reduction

One treatment may not be enough. the liposuction may be best for fine tuning of fat reduction but cellulite won't necessarily change. It is possible that Velashape may reduce an area of fat accumulation but cellulite may or may not improve and the devices that had initially been promoted for cellulite such as: Endermologie, Velashape and Thermage, may only provide temporary improvement.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Smartlipo vs CoolSculpting for spot fat reduction

My experience with Smartlipo is great.  It is exactly like liposuction with some minimally increased skin tightening. CoolSculpting is not as dramatic but has absolutely no risk or downtime and is less costly.  For the inner thigh I suggest you try the less invasive CoolSculpting. My patients have been very happy and if tightening is an issue Thermage can non invasively address laxity. 

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Zeltique is not very effective as a body shaping procedure when compared to smartlipo liposculpture

Zeltique is not very effective as a body shaping procedure when compared to smartlipo liposculpture. Whiole Zeltique can reduce fat cells it takes multiple treatments and is a gross reduction as opposed to an artistic proceure.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist