Smartlipo at Six Percent Body Fat?

I have trained and trained and have reached 6% body fat(Caliper and bodpod tested), but when compared to the average person, my abdomen looks about 15% or so. If I put my thumbs on my abdomen and press down towards groin, the muscles show easily, My goal is to have my muscle segments showing without having to press. I really don't want to get lower body fat percent since that's unhealthy, so was curious if Smartlipo is a good idea at this percent, or which type of surgery would be best?

Candidate for Smartlipo?

Smartlipo will help to remove unwanted fat from stubborn areas while tightening the skin. Get your surgeons professional opinion and make sure this procedure is a good fit for your body type.

"High-definition" Abs

Smartlipo is designed to treat small areas of resistant fat in people who are otherwise healthy and exercise regularly.  With a 6% body fat index, you’re clearly exercising well. In our office, we check body fat index with a DEXA scan, which is a bit more precise. Regardless of exact body fat percentage, you need a physical exam to determine if what you’re seeing is skin or fat or a combination of both.  A “high-definition” result or “etched” abdomen can be achieved with Smartlipo when skin tone is good and there is a small amount of extractable fat.  I would also want to assess your training regimen to see if you’re maximizing all muscles in your core.
Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Abdominal Etching For Six-Pack Look

While Smartlipo can certainly be performed the question is how effective it will be. I doubt if you do overall abdominal liposuction that you will make much of a difference. You might consider an abdominal etching technique which has a better chance of making visible your abdominal inscriptions. (6-pack look)

Smartlipo at 6 Percent Body Fat

Smartlipo in a person with low body fat is reasonable if skin tone is good and fat is amenable to liposuction.  There may be a role in etching the abdomen in this stage as well.  Just find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA