Smartlipo at Six Percent Body Fat?

I have trained and trained and have reached 6% body fat(Caliper and bodpod tested), but when compared to the average person, my abdomen looks about 15% or so. If I put my thumbs on my abdomen and press down towards groin, the muscles show easily, My goal is to have my muscle segments showing without having to press. I really don't want to get lower body fat percent since that's unhealthy, so was curious if Smartlipo is a good idea at this percent, or which type of surgery would be best?

Candidate for Smartlipo?

+1

Smartlipo will help to remove unwanted fat from stubborn areas while tightening the skin. Get your surgeons professional opinion and make sure this procedure is a good fit for your body type.

"High-definition" Abs

+1

Smartlipo is designed to treat small areas of resistant fat in people who are otherwise healthy and exercise regularly.  With a 6% body fat index, you’re clearly exercising well. In our office, we check body fat index with a DEXA scan, which is a bit more precise. Regardless of exact body fat percentage, you need a physical exam to determine if what you’re seeing is skin or fat or a combination of both.  A “high-definition” result or “etched” abdomen can be achieved with Smartlipo when skin tone is good and there is a small amount of extractable fat.  I would also want to assess your training regimen to see if you’re maximizing all muscles in your core.
Good luck!

Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Abdominal Etching For Six-Pack Look

+1

While Smartlipo can certainly be performed the question is how effective it will be. I doubt if you do overall abdominal liposuction that you will make much of a difference. You might consider an abdominal etching technique which has a better chance of making visible your abdominal inscriptions. (6-pack look)

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/lipo.html

Smartlipo at 6 Percent Body Fat

+1

Smartlipo in a person with low body fat is reasonable if skin tone is good and fat is amenable to liposuction.  There may be a role in etching the abdomen in this stage as well.  Just find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php