Smart Lipo MPX Results Got Worse After 2 Weeks

I had MPX Smart Lipo done 2 weeks ago on stomach and flanks. A week ago I looked great stomach was super flat, flanks were perfect. But, now in week 2 I look bigger and my stomach is super hard around my belly button. my flanks look fat. I am still wearing my garments and I do my massages 5 to 10 mins twice a day. Am I just being paranoid or am i just now swelling or is there a bigger problem?

Swelling is normal after Smartlipo

+3

Lovefo,

You are not paranoid, your concerns are reasonable. You are experiencing the normal evolution of healing phases after Smartlipo: During the first phase (few days to week) everything looks great; during the second phase (several weeks) there may be hardening and swelling; and during the third phase, the swelling resolves, the skin becomes smoother and more tone, and the results resemble the initial phase. So eat appropriately, and trust that your final result will look great.

Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Post Liposuction

+1
The swelling, lumpiness and hardness after smartlipo or other types of liposuction typically persists at least 6-8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. I tell my patients to be careful about salt intake as this can make swelling worse. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. Hope this helps. Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Inflammation lasts a while with liposuction

+1

I always advise patients that they must excursive patience following any procedure. Our body must go through the normal healing process and this takes time. Your body will experience swelling and inflammation for sometimes six to eight weeks. It takes a matter of months before you get the final results. Collagen formation will help with tightening and this takes quite a while. Take care

Jeffrey Adelglass, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

If you have concerns, please check bad with your surgeon.

+1

You are still in the healing process, so it is difficult to know what your final results will be.  If you have concerns, please check bad with your surgeon.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Low impact aerobic exercise is the best way to reduce inflammation after smartlipo

+1

Low impact aerobic exercise is the best way to reduce inflammation after smartlipo. Patients should always see their doctor post operatively to make sure nothing has gone wrong with the healing process.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist