Had Smartlipo 6 Months Ago. Pictures & Measurements Haven't Changed

Hi, I have had Smartlipo 6 months ago and do not see/feel a difference. My measurements are still the same and my before/after pictures don't look any different. My surgeon is great and my follow-up he said he'd not do anything further if I came from another Doctor as my results looked good. What do you do when you're not satisfied or see the results? For me, I felt like I just gave money away.

Smartlipo results are best determined by the patient

+1

The key measurement from any plastic surgery procedure is how the patient feels. If you feel that you have had no results, that is a relevant and important consideration. If the objective analysis (pictures and measurements) confirm your feelings, then this is something you need to discuss with the treating physician. If you can make no progress there, they you have unfortunately given your money away and will have to start afresh with another physician that performs Smartlipo. It may be that the original physician was too conservative for the results you were seeking. 

Please get a second opinion

+1

The main reason for the results that are not satisfying to the patients are 1) unrealistic expectation 2) wrong procedure for the patients condition 3)  surgeons skills

It is hard to know the reason in your case without preop exam and pictures and also without the post-op pictures

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and effect six months later

+1

Your surgeon may be right but if you're not satisfied see a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologic surgeon who is experienced at liposuction and get a second opinion. They may need to see the preoperative photos for a better idea. An examination can determine if there is substantial persistent fat to remove.

Ronald Shelton, MD