2 Months Post Smart Lipo: When is it Safe to Have a Revision?

I had smartlipo 2 months ago. I wore the band for 3 days straight and then for 3 weeks at night. I do not wear it anymore. At first I was happy with the results from the side view, but it was swollen. But now it seem very lumpy and it almost look like it is sagging down again.

I am not happy with the results. Did my Dr. not remove enough fat and is it safe to do it again. My Dr. did agree he would do it again, how long should I wait. Thank you

8 weeks post smart lipo and swelling.

+1

Swelling, and some lumpiness/ uneveness is normal but the fluctuation should lessen over 6-9 months. You should be noticing less swelling over time not more. Follow up with your plastic surgeon to make sure you are on course.

Wait six months after liposuction before having a secondary procedure / revision

+1

It is preferable to allow the body to heal maximally after your liposuction so that a revision does not end up treating something that might resolve itself. There can be a significant amount of improvement over six months, although the large bulk of it is seen in the first three to four months.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Pictures would help

+1
The revision if needed should be done at least 6 months after surgery. This will give time for maximum healing.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon