SmartLipo for Minor Contouring and Skin Tightening?

I'm a 41 year old mom of two who is 5'7" and 140 lbs. I work out on a regular basis (not strenuously for that matter) and I've got some love handles from aging and cellulite as well. My laser doc tells me have the perfect body for SmartLipo and that only a few liters would be removed. My concern is the results. Is it worth it for a tummy bump and a little excess on my flanks? I am sensitive to bruising (bikini waxes have gone awry )and I eat well and stay clear of the sun. Would you recommend this for tightening and the "perfect" look?

Something does not make sense

+2

Based on your ht and wt and your description, I suspect only a small amount of fat will be removed. There is no way that your doctor is going to be able to remove liters. I question his experience to make a statement like that.

You sound like an excellent candidate for Smartlipo which I feel works best on small areas such as you describe. I do not believe that Smartlipo (or any other tx for that matter) can help cellulite.

Whether it is worth it, is a decision that only you can make. I tell my patients that Smartlipo can get you closer to what you want, but you will not be perfect.

You should get very, very little bruising or none with Smartlipo.

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo for minor contouring?

+1

Smart Lipo is good for selected areas and small contour defects.  In your description, you have mentioned the word "liters ".  That word alone would lead me to believe that you would not be a good candidate for Smart Lipo but rather a candidate for traditional Liposuction based on the quality of your skin.  You should certainly seek a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to address your specific concerns.