Is Smart Lipo Safe for Use on the Jawline?

Hello- I just had tumescent lipo done under the chin. The doctor wouldn't perform this procedure for the jawline due to risk of nerve damage. Would smartlipo be a safe procedure to remove fat below the jaw to make a more defined jawline? Thanks

Is the jawline a danger area?

+2

I have to agree with your surgeon.  The jawline has nerves on it that can be very easily damaged, especially with a laser.  While it is quite possible to use the SmartLipo for the area of the neck, the jawline can be very dangerous!

Omaha Dermatologist

Smartlipo of the Jawline

+1

Smartlipo and Traditional Liposuction of the jawline is very safe and very effective.  With a proper knowledge of anatomy the procedure can be performed as an outpatient procedure while you are awake or under anesthesia.  We perform several of these procedures a week and have never had any nerve issue or complications.  This quick procedure can have a dramatic effect on your jawline.  It is important that you see a highly trained and board certified plastic surgeon for your procedure.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Lipo and Smart Lipo is not dangerous around jawline

+1

We developed smartlifting which is short for smartlipo lifting and utilize the smartlipo laser in every single facelift we done.  We have close to 500 procedures with no nerve damage in any. So it is perfectly safe for lipo or smartlipo along the jawline.

Richard Gentile, MD
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon