What About Smartlipo for Skinny Women? (photo)

Is smartlipo recommended for women generally considered skinny? What type of results can be expected? I am 5'4, 113 pounds and a small body frame. However all the fat I have ever gained in my life hides in my belly, nowehere else. By all standards I am skinny but I also would like to get rid of my belly even if by general standards it is considered small... No one likes a belly, not even the skinny ones :) Do you recommend one to go into this procedure? Is it healthy? Can reults be seen? Thanks

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Smart Lipo on a slender frame

+1

Smart Lipo can help contour most body types. Even in slim patients, there are areas and pockets of fat that cannot be controlled through diet and exercise alone. I have treated many slim patients (like yourself) who are seeking greater contour in stubborn areas.

The great thing about Smart Lipo is that it also offers some skin tightening once the fat is removed. If you do decide to go through with the procedure, just make sure you are seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to get the best results.

Web reference: http://marylandliposuction.com/

Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo and Skinny Women

+1

Thanks for posting that question.  Even thin women can have focal troublesome areas of fat that respond well to careful liposuction.  However, based on your pictures, I would be very careful of having any liposuction procedures done as there is very little fat to be removed!  Best wishes!

Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo for the abdomen

+1

Smartlipo will help with body contouring and can help take away any unnecessary fat while tightening the skin.

Liposuction can be appropriate for skinny women with a bulge.

+1

Hi.

1)  From the photos, it looks like conservative microliposuction of your abdomen may help you.

2)  We prefer tumescent liposuction, because of its long history of safety and effectiveness.

Liposuction for your abdomen

+1

Smartlipo or for that matter any form of liposuction may be a good procedure for you if you have significant fat in your abdomen. An exam in person is key.

SmartLipo is a great tool for fat removal and skin tightening

+1

It is not possible to know if you will see improvement without an examination.  If there are a few problem areas, have them assessed by your plastic surgeon and see if there is enough fat that you will appreciate a difference.  SmartLipo is great for both fat removal and skin tightening.  Post op complications are extremely rare and patients return to work the next day.  After you have had a consultation, you can decide if SL is right for you.

Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

Lipo

+1

Height and weight are not absolute criteria. You really need a good exam by a qualified surgeon. The pictures are nice and I question if you really need to do this.

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

No Smart lipo for you!

+1

Your body looks fabulous.  Leave it alone and just follow good diet principles and exercise.  Smart lipo or any kind of lipo for that matter will leave you with dents and grooves that are unfixable.  This is because you don't have enough fat to keep the liposuction cannulae far enough from the skin to not injure it.