Loose Skin After SmartLipo - Is a Mini Tummy Tuck my Best Option?

Hello, Had smartlipo on flanks and upper/lower abs. Satisfied except for loose skin. I am 25 years old, around 10% body fat or less. I have a bit of excess skin still, though much of it has disappeared. Is mini tummy tuck my only option now? Any estimate on how much a minitummy tuck would cost since I already had lipo? Thank you!

Mini Tummy Tuck after Liposuction?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

I think you would be better off either with no surgery are a full tummy tuck.

In my opinion, the mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.
For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve your chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Fixing loose skin after lipo with a tummy tuck

+1

A mini tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure that can create a more contoured abdomen, a tight waist and a beautiful figure.

This is an excellent option to remove excess skin or stretch marks that can appear after pregnancy or even surgical procedures such as liposuction. Your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon that has extensive experience in liposuction, body contouring, and many different abdominoplasty techniques. We let our patients know that the length of their final incision is dependent on how much skin or stretch marks he would like us to treat during surgery. Regularly, we can create a tight abdomen and a beautiful, natural, contoured result with a small incision.

Mini-tummy tuck

+1

With just 10% body fat after lipo, I would hesitate to offer you a surgical procedure such as a mini-tummy tuck or a tummy tuck.  You probably do not need it.

Loose skin after Smart Lipo

+1

My advice would be to not be concerned about the amount of skin laxity and instead to pursue core strengthening with Pilates regimen.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Smartlipo helps to contract loose skin.

+1

Smartlipo does help to contract loose skin more than traditional liposuction.  I have seen this without a doubt in my own practice.

With 10% body fat you are a great candidate for Smartlipo.  You have already seen some results like you mentioned.  I notice from you photo that you are not standing fully upright and therefore it accentuates the loose appearing skin.  EVERYONE has loose appearing skin of the abdomen when posed in that position. You really continue to get tightening of the skin for up to about 4-6 months after Smartlipo. Do not be overanxious to operate again.  give it some more time.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after smart lipo

+1

As you are young, you may not require a tummy tuck if the liposuction was recently done. I would give it six months to maximally retract. If you were never signficantly overweight, it would be strange that you would require a tummy tuck for loose skin. Continue to exercise, watch your diet and see a plastic surgeon if six months or more after liposuction, you have more you want to flatten, to evaluate with an examination if more fat can be removed, or if you do indeed, need an abdominoplasty to provide the result you desire.