SmartLipo for Female Breasts

is it possible to have smartlipo on my breasts ? i'm 162 cm and around 85 KG .. will it be fine to have smartlipo on my entire abdomin area including flanks twice , three months apart between the two sessions ?? will working out maximize the result ? does smartlipo command going under low calorie diet ?? plzzzzzzzz answer it's like my only hope =(

SmartLipo for Female Breasts

+1

As one of the national training instructors I can not recommend Smart Lipo on the female breasts. Please be careful if you are planning this. I doubt you will see any result. 

Liposuction of the breasts

+1

I would not recomment any form of liposuction on the breast let alone one with a heating component. We do not know the long term effects of smartlipo on the breast.

Need to have furter evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon

+1

From the weight and height ,you need to lose weight and not liposuction. Liposuction(laser,vaser and regular ) are for removal of the unwanted fat ,not for weight reduction. Patients that have liposuction without lifestyle modification have reaccumulation of the fat in the unwanted areas.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo on breasts

+1

IT sounds as if you are looking at smart lipo as a weight loss tool and this is not adviseable.  I would not recommend smartlipo for breast reduction either as the effects of the laser on the breast tissue has not been fully evaluated.

SmartLipo on the Breasts is pretty Dumb

+1

Regarding: "SmartLipo for Female Breasts
is it possible to have SmartLipo on my breasts
? i'm 162 cm and around 85 KG .. will it be fine to have SmartLipo on my entire abdomin area including flanks twice , three months apart between the two sessions ?? will working out maximize the result ? does smartlipo command going under low calorie diet ?? plzzzzzzzz answer it's like my only hope
=("

I agree with Dr. Soto. Basic Liposuction has 2 stages; First, injecting the area with a swelling (tumescent solution) to reduce pain and bleeding and second stage, pass a steel suction tube back and forth through the fat ripping small pieces of it off by the built in vacuum. Various newer methods of liposuction vary ONLY by introducing an intermediary stage between the tumescing and vacuuming of the fat. In the case of VASER LIPOSELECTION, the fat is pre-treated with ultrasound waves which SPECIFICALLY liquefy only fat cells making it easy to remove. With Laser Liposuction (such as Smart Lipo) a very hot fiber is passed through the breast tissue essentially cooking EVERYTHING it touches, fat, breast gland, nerves and blood vessels after which the suction removes SOME of the resulting soup.

The question that no one scientific study has yet produced a credible answer for is WHAT SUPPOSED ADVANTAGE does Smart Lipo have over VASER or other Liposuction methods? NONE. Zero. ZIP. To date not a single, non-company sponsored scientific study has demonstrated any such alleged benefit.

So - What about the "Chicken Soup effect (No down side - "It can't hurt...)? That does not hold either. The technique has a significant learning curve and all of us have seen patients hurt by this technique with burns and dimples.

Let's focus on the breast. One out of every 11 women will develop breast cancer and require surgery. Cooking the breasts causes scar tissue which MAY make breast cancer detection harder and delay diagnosis. The destruction of many of the blood vessels coursing through the breast tissue may make subsequent either cosmetic or reconstructive plastic surgery difficult and result in skin death, gaping wounds, loss of the nipple and higher rate of infection.

Breast Liposuction can be done in a small group of women and I would NOT recommend Smart Lipo or any Laser liposuction for this job.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Smart Lipo on Breasts is not in your best interests

+1

Hi there-

Because the smart lipo device uses a laser to destroy fatty tissue, and because the truth is that the laser burns whatever it is pointed at, damage can (and often does) occur to the skin, blood vessels, nerves, etc... This would severely limit (if not completely prohibit) any future breast enhancement procedure you may desire...

In other words, say you have this (not so) Smart Lipo procedure on your breasts, and then decide (as I think you will) that it didn't quite give you what you wanted in terms of shape and size. I would not be willing to at that point perform a proper breast lift or reduction on you because the blood supply of the breast tissue and skin would be unpredictably diminished after the (not so) Smart Lipo.

Furthermore, we don't yet know how the breast tissue will respond to the laser injury- if scars form that make it difficult to distinguish breast cancer from scars resulting from the procedure, you might need biopsy surgery you would not have otherwise. The laser may even increase your risks for breast cancer in the future... We simply would not know the answer to these questions yet... 

Your best bet is to see a real plastic surgeon- one certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery- for a consultation. Safe and effective alternatives exist for you... But Smart Lipo is probably not among them.

Armando Soto, MD

Liposuction Has LIMITED Uses in the Breasts

+1

Smart Lipo is really just another in a long line of marketing terms to get people into the door.  Same with VASER, PAL, Tickle Lipo, etc. They are all liposuction - they just all do it in a slightly different way.  In the end, they all remove fat.  The problem with any of them, though, is that it is very ahrd to know how much the overlying skin is going to retract back.  There is no guarantee with nay of these techniques, and that is problematic in the breasts sometimes.  The last thing you want is to remove tissue from the breast, but have the skin stay the same.  The breasts may be smaller, but chances are they will sag more due to the excess skin now.  It does work for some women, but generally speaking, it has to be someone with large breasts and tight skin already.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon