SmartLipo After Lap Band?

I have the lap band 3years now. I workout but still have stubborn fat. I'm try 2 c if lipo is for me.

Liposuction after lap band

+1

Usually there is significant reduction in weight from fat loss after lap band surgery. You may not be a candidate for liposuction then. You will need to see a plastic surgeon in consultation to be examined for it to be determined if you are a candidate for an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).

SmartLipo After Lap Band

+1

Very unlikely after "lap band" surgery you just have excess fat. I bet there is much lose skin. Therefore the Smart Lipo may not be the best choice. seek in person consultations in your area. 

Smart lipo after weight loss

+1

I am a fan of smart lipo, cool lipo, laser lipo, etc.  These are all liposuction techniques involving the use of a laser.  I truly believe that these machines facilitate more aggressive fat removal and expedite recovery.  However, I think that the skin tightening quality promised by marketers oversells and under delivers.  Following child bearing or weight loss, some skin elasticity is destroyed.  Often, a tummy tuck, lower body lift, or other surgical procedure is more adequate than lipo alone.  Only skin excision, in general, can significantly tighten your remaining skin.

Jason R. Hess, MD

Massive weight loss and smart lipo

+1

In general, massive weight loss patients require mroe than just liposuction. Usually they require skin excisioin procedures to treat the redundancy.

Smartlipo after massive weight loss--probably not a good option

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss!  It's not easy to make the lifestyle changes that lend success to the Lap Band.

Now that you've lost your weight, I'm sure you're left with some loose skin and maybe even some stubborn pockets of fat.  Liposuction (any type, not necessarily laser-assisted liposuction) can remove any remaining fat pockets from stubborn areas.  But NO type of liposuction will tighten your skin--ever.  Spending your hard-earned money on Smartlipo, in this instance, would be dumb.

Most women after gastric bypass need some type of surgical skin removal. Please be sure to see a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of PLASTIC Surgery (not "cosmetic surgery", as those doctors are often not plastic surgeons at all!).  Best wishes!

Carmen Kavali, MD

Fat removal after lap band

+1

Being obese will destroy your skin elasticity unfortunately.  After a lap band, that doesn't change.  Liposuction, Smart, laser, or traditional doesn't work well when the skin elasticity is poor.  Most likely you will need excision of the tissue such as in a tummy tuck.  Go to a qualified plastic surgeon, not a dermatologist, for an evaluation of all your options.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS