Smarter Breast Implants: Is there a Way to Detect Ruptures?

Doctors are you aware of U.S. patent# 7736391 B2, issued 6-15-2010, a technology which allows a woman to be alerted if her implant has ruptured.

All surgeons aware of this love the idea but the manufacturers have chosen profit before safety. So should we continue to believe that women are getting bi-annual MRI's?

I would be interested in anyone's thoughts on this matter which is going public next week.

Detection of failed breast implants

+1

We do need an inexpensive, simple test, preferably one that can be done in the office, to verify the integrity of silicone gel-filled breast implants. With saline-filled breast implants this is not an issue but it is with gel-filled devices. I would agree that any new method to verify that a silicone-gel filled implant has failed will need extensive testing to verify its accuracy compared to other methods. This is often difficult because a direct look, usually involving an operation, is needed to verify that the implant has failed. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

I do not think this is good platform promote your company

+1
I am not aware of the patent you mentioned but this site is for patient to ask their question and not try to introduce products to surgeons. Their are medical journals to present solutions and ideas.
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

The smarter breast implant

+1

Both the saline and silicone gel breast implants have a very sound safety profile, and we do not believe that manufactures place profit before safety. New research and new biomedical devices will come along and a 'leak detection' system in breast implants may have been put on paper, though considerable work lies ahead for clinical testing to ensure efficacy and safety of a new idea. As far as an idea or company going public, time will tell if they have built a better mouse trap.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://wwwpeterejohnsonmd.com