Smart Lipo Good for Saggy Arms?

I've been thinking of getting Smart Lipo on my arms. I had gastric bypass two years ago and was told this would get rid of my "wings". Is this true?

Sorry, but Smart Lipo won't do it!

+2

Post-bariatric surgery arms that are loose need a removal of skin to look ideal. That involves a substantial scar, but it can create an amazing result.

No form of liposuction, even the so-called "Smart" Lipo procedure, can create the amount of tightening that you're likely to need.

In fact, Smart Lipo has not yet been shown in any published article in a peer-reviewed medical journal to create substantial skin tightening. It is a shame that purchasers of that device continue to confuse patients by promulgating such unsubstantiated claims.

Depends on the laxity of the tissue

+1

Most patient that had gastric bypass need to have arm lift. laserlipo is a not a good option for the thin and sagging skin. please have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Make sure your surgeon offers both laserlipo and arm lift.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo will not replace skin excision after massive weight loss

+1

It is hard to give you a specific answer without reviewing pictures. In general, the excess skin following gastric bypass is better treated with arm lift. Smart Lipo or any other types of liposuction will not give a similar result to skin excision.

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/smart-lipo/