Smart Lipo Fat Percentage

I had smart lipo done and as they were suctioning out the fat my doctor commented on my fat being 90% fat and that he hasn't seen that. He usually see 50% fat. I forgot to ask what that means. Does anyone know? Thank you :-)

This means there was very little tumescent fluid, mostly fat.

When doing liposuction or SmartLipo, sometime the area being treated with yield a high ratio of fat to supernatant.  This is OK and nothing to be concerned about.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Smart Lipo

Maybe he means the tumescence fluids is in his aspirate of the fats. Better to ask him what he means. 

SmartLipo

The aspirate in the container is more than likely what is being referred to.  On primary lipo cases, we typically see 75-95% pure fat.  On thighs, usually 90% plus.  On secondary lipo cases, we usually see 75%.  The higher fat percentage, the better.