Indentations on Abdomen following Smart Lipo

I had smart lipo done about 1 1/2 years ago,and then the same Dr. did a "touch up" to correct the problems about 1 year ago. Currently there are 2 large indentations on my lower abbdoman and the apperence is far from flat. At Dr's request I did skintight and cupping treatments neither made any improvement the problem.Can you tell me what caused this, and how it can be corrected? Please help, I dont know what to do.

May need to have mini tuck

+2

Yo have stretched skin and it did not responded well to the laser lipo. If you examine your lower abdominal tissue while you are in the sitting position ,you will notice extra skin and not just fat. The best solution would be combination of the liposuction and mini tuck.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Uneveness and indentation after smartlipo

+1

Any liposuction may cause an indentation, but overresection of fat and several irregularities may indicate that too superficial liposuction was done.  Fat injections may be needed with or without subcision to lift the indents.  You would need an examination to determine if there is excessive fat that can still be removed to make a flatter abdomen or if you need an abdominoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/liposuction/index.html

Smart lipo and irregularities

+1

Contour irregularities can happen with liposuction. Without an exam it is difficult to say what can be causing this and how to fix it. Sometimes fat injection can help and sometimes further liposuction of areas that are full can help.

Perhaps another touch up procedure

+1

The areas that you show in the photos are from an uneven amount of fat being removed. This can happen with any type of liposuction, smartlipo or otherwise. It is unfortunate but sometimes can be fixed or improved upon by a touch up procedure to smooth the areas surrounding the dimples. You had one touch up but perhaps another treatment done carefully could help diminish the visible signs.  Other options would be fat injections into the dimples to plump them up to some degree

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.