Will smart lipo work on me? (Photos)

I'm really considering smart lipo. However I do have a few stretch marks but I feel like my fat is a lot worse them the stretch marks. I need advice... Will it work on me??

Will SmartLipo work for me?

+1
It's difficult to tell from the photo if liposuction of any type will correct the problem that bothers you. If you have good thick skin elasticity in the area and the area is just fat then SmartLipo should definitely address the problem. If there are stretch marks and loose skin, or separation of the underlying muscles that are causing the problem, SmartLipo or any other form of liposuction are unlikely to help. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Will SmartLipo work if I have stretch marks?

+1
When trying to decide whether a procedure is appropriate for you, it is best to consider your ultimate goal(s). 
SmartLipo can be performed in an office facility, does not require general anesthetic, can address skin laxity, and can treat more fibrous collections of fat.  Skin tightening from 20% to 25% has been noted.
There may still be some skin laxity remaining after the procedure.  This is not a treatment for stretch marks.
If contour improvement is your ultimate goal, SmartLipo is a good choice.  If eradicating excess skin and stretch marks is your goal, then you should consider a tummy tuck.

Elysa Fisher, MD
Wilmette Plastic Surgeon

Will smart lipo work on me?

+1
Liposuction will remove the fat, but it will not address the skin adequately nor tighten the muscles.  Only a tummy tuck can do that.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Smart Lipo

+1
If you are limiting yourself to liposuction, I think SmartLipo is an excellent choice. It will allow for fat removal as well as skin tightening. Skin with stretch marks is tougher to tighten up no matter what kind of liposuction you choose but the newest Smart Lipo machines can produce a significant amount of heat which is what tightens the skin. But be realistic. Think "improvement" not "perfect". As mentioned, the most powerful tool is a tummy tuck to achieve the flattest tummy possible.

Lee E. Corbett, MD

Smart lipo candidate

+1
Answering the question of whether one is a candidate for Smartlipo really depends on what your goals are.  If it is simply to look better in clothing and to have a diminished abdominal profile and a little tighter skin, then the procedure could be right for you. If the goal is to have as flat an abdomen as possible, then you will need to have a tummy tuck.
The more invasive procedure allows for tightening of the rectus diastases, in addition to excising some of the looser tissues on the abdomen. The big trade-off is a longer scar and a longer recovery.
I would recommend going to a board-certified plastic surgeon to really evaluate what your options are and what you can expect in terms of results.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Your are not a good candidate for liposuction based on your pictures

+1
As you stated you have stretch marks,loose skin and extra skin. You can check this your self by sitting and checking how much extra skin you have in lower abdomen. Liposuction(laser,vaster,water jet and traditional) will reduce amount of fat,but you will have extra loose skin. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Will smart lipo work on me?

+1
To begin, any type of liposuction can improve your appearance. Whether using SmartLipo + Lipo combination is a better option is the decision you need to make. As a National SmartLipo Triplex unit training I would use the SmartLipo Triplex unit on blend 3, 20 watts + clean out with 3mm cannula liposuction.