Would Smart Lipo Work for Me? (photo)

I had my son 6 months ago and pre pregnancy i weighed 110 lbs. Now im 170 and have tried everything to lose the weight (excersice, eating right, pills, ect) So with my stretchmarks so horrible from the stretching i was wondering if lipo would even be worth it. Im worried the only option would be a tummy tuck but i plan to have more kids in the far future. Help please?"

SmartLipo vs. Tummy Tuck

+2

I would certainly do everything you can to lose the weight.  Consider a guided medical weight loss program.  Once you lose the weight, you will still have stretch marks and likely loose skin.  I do SmartLipo, but I doubt you would be a good candidate and I would bet you'll still be looking at a tummy tuck to not just remove fat, but to remove excess skin and tighten your abdominal wall.  If you are sure you are going to have more children however, it's best to wait.  

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo

+2
I am a big believer in the smart lipo but I think it may be the wrong time for you. Yes it will help, but certainly not produce the results you might be remembering from your 110 pound body. 6 months is still pretty early and you have a good chance of losing a fair amount of it yourself.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Would Smart Lipo Work for Me?

+1

I think smart lipo would not produce the type of result you would want.   Some type of skin removal will be necessary.  You may choose to have a tummy tuck after you have finished having children.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy tuck vs. Smart Lipo

+1

From your history and your photos, you would be a much better candidate for a tummy tuck than from a  Smart Lipo liposuction alone.  The smart lipo will decrease the fat in the abdomen, but this would be at the cost of causing the skin to significantly sag and would also make your stretch marks more notable.  The tummy tuck will not only remove the excess fat, but will also remove the excess skin and will also tighten the abdominal muscles - narrowing your waist significantly more than the Smart Lipo. I would suggest having the tummy tuck once you have completed your family.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo for Me?

+1

Thanks for the question.  The key point is that you may want to delay any procedures until you are done having children.  Pregnancy will typically change your body's fat distribution enough that it makes more sense to wait.  At that time you can consider surgery.  Liposuction will remove the excess fat, and any excess skin can only be effectively removed with a tummy tuck.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo

+1

It is best to wait until you have all your children to consider a tummy tuck or abdominal liposuction.  Also, your results will be much better if you can get to your desired weight.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Abdominal Liposuction Ill-Advised With More Pregnancies Planned

+1

Given that you are going to have more children, any procedure at this point is going to end up being a wasted effort later. Liposuction will not make enough of a difference to justify the effort given the way your abdomen looks now. Wait until after having children to get a tummy tuck and get the best result and return on your investment.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Liposuction will not work when there is a lot of hanging stomach skin.

+1

Hi.

1)  You really need a tummy tuck, but wait until you are finished with pregnancies to do that.

2)  Liposuction now will make your stomach a lot flatter but would leave you with hanging skin.  You would still need a tummy tuck after your last pregnancy.

3)  If you do have liposuction, I recommend tumescent liposuction.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)