Smart Lipo for Getting Rid of Visceral Fat?

I have visceral fat. Why won't Smart Lipo work for me? Do I have any solutions? Visceral fat can be life threatening for heart disease.

Smart Lipo is not indicated to treat visceral fat

+1

Smart Lipo is not indicated to treat visceral fat! There is no way that a prudent physican would ever use this device within the intra-abdominal cavity putting at you at risk for potential serious or fatal complications and/or vital organ injury.

Visceral fat can be treated with diet and exercise. Other means such has hormone supplementation may help. For the morbidly obese, gastric bands, gastric by-pass, or gastric stabling procedure are available.

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

It doesn't go below the muscle and that is where the visceral fat is located

+1

Smart Lipo (as with all liposuction procedures) is good for only the fat that is above the muscle and easily reachable. The safety of this procedure is that it doesn't go below the muscle to areas where large blood vessels and organs are located.

While I guess it is theoretically possible to take away some of the visceral fat while in the abdominal cavity for a surgery, my guess is that the danger of this would be very significant and far outweigh any possible advantages.

For now, the only way to reduce this is diet and excercise!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist