Smart Lipo or Vaser Lipo for Loose Underarm Skin?

I have loose skin on my underarms. Which procedure is best for me, Smart Lipo or Vaser Liposuction? Which is safer? Are there any other treatments that are better than these options? I am female, age 30. Please provide me right guidance.

Consider an arm lift instead

+1
Unfortunately, any form of liposuction will probably not tighten loose skin as much as the patient would like. You should consider an arm lift instead. This is designed to remove excess fat and tighten the skin to give you a leaner contour.

Lipo and flabby arms

+1

Smart lipo is not going to help inches or weight loss. It best use is to help contour or fine tune irregularities. Loose skin will only be made worse with any form of lipo

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Smart Lipo vs VASER for arms

+1

It all depends on what you have. If you have loose skin, the Smart Lipo is a good choice. If you have a very thick fat load, VASER can debulk a thick fat. With the new SmartLipo TPX (Triplex, the 1440 laser can do larger fat loads now). If your doctor has both, you could do vaser on the deep fat and SmartLipo to tighten the skin.

Barry E. DiBernardo, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo

+1

Smart Lipo is excellent for skin tightening while VASER is excellent for more fat debulking or removal of larger amounts of fat; the best procedure for you depends on how much fat removal you need, and how elastic your skin is. Good luck!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon