Is Smart Lipo Touch Up More Painful?

I had smart lipo about a year ago and will be going in for a touch up. Is the touch up more painful? I've read some posts that say it is and some that say it was easier. Any insight would be great! Thank you!

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Revision Discomfort

+1

As I'm sure you know, there is discomfort associated with most surgeries. Typically my patients find the revisions difficult if they have built up scar tissue in the areas treated. You may not have this problem, but the best option is to discuss it with your doctor before making any decisions.

Web reference: http://marylandliposuction.com/

Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Minimal discomfort

+1

Since the SmartLipo procedure is performed under local anesthesia, ther is very little pain or discomfort involved. You may feel a minor stinging sensation and an impression of tugging at your skin during the SmartLipo treatment, but these discomforts are minimal.

Smart Lipo Touch Up

+1

Typically, revision liposuction procedures are not more painful as the first procedure as less areas are treated and less fat removed. However, pain is a relative thing. I am sure you physician can prescribe something to help relieve discomfort post-operatively. 

Pain

+1

The answer to your question is, more than likely becaouse of the scar tissue from the last procedure. If you need a revision then do it after discussing it with your doctor

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

SmartLipo touch up

+1

SmartLipo revision or touch-up generally is less painful than the original procedure because it involves such a small area.  The first procedure generally covers a larger area and is therefore usually more painful.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon