Is Smart Lipo Touch Up More Painful?

I had smart lipo about a year ago and will be going in for a touch up. Is the touch up more painful? I've read some posts that say it is and some that say it was easier. Any insight would be great! Thank you!

Minimal discomfort

+1

Since the SmartLipo procedure is performed under local anesthesia, ther is very little pain or discomfort involved. You may feel a minor stinging sensation and an impression of tugging at your skin during the SmartLipo treatment, but these discomforts are minimal.

Smart Lipo Touch Up

+1

Typically, revision liposuction procedures are not more painful as the first procedure as less areas are treated and less fat removed. However, pain is a relative thing. I am sure you physician can prescribe something to help relieve discomfort post-operatively. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Pain

+1

The answer to your question is, more than likely becaouse of the scar tissue from the last procedure. If you need a revision then do it after discussing it with your doctor

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

SmartLipo touch up

+1

SmartLipo revision or touch-up generally is less painful than the original procedure because it involves such a small area.  The first procedure generally covers a larger area and is therefore usually more painful.

Scott Chapin, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon