Should I Get Smart Lipo For A Second Time On Lower Abs Or A Mini-Tummy Tuck?

Hi everyone. I am 26 and had smart lipo done on my flanks and upper/lower abs about a year and half ago. The before and after results are great, except I'm not 100% satisfied on my lower abdominal. The doctor said he'd redo the lower section for $500.00. I really do believe a lot of tightening has occurred. My question is, should I redo the laser or go with a mini-tummy tuck?

Liposuction Vs. Tummy Tuck...

+1

You have great postoperative results but the lower abdominal area often times requires a tummy tuck to tighten the muscles and remove excess skin.  Only an exam by a board certified plastic surgeon could let you know exactly what needs to be done.  

Edison Plastic Surgeon

Minituck vs liposuction

+1

Without a physical exam it is really difficult to answer your question.  Your pictures show a protrusion of your infraubillical(are below belly button) abdominal area both before and after liposuction.  So I question as to whether you have a diastasis(relaxation of the abdominal fascia).  If you do liposuction will not help the protrusion that you see and a tightening of the fascia might be necessary.  This would require surgery.  If your fascia is tight then a second liposuction procedure might give you the results that you desire IF adequate skin ellasticity is present allowing it to retract after the removal of the fat.  Ask your plastic surgeon if he sees any diastasis in your abdominal wall.

Ernesto Hayn, MD