Will Smart Lipo Tighten Skin Post Pregnancy?

I have had two very big babies and stretched out my tummy skin. I don't have any stretch marks, just loose skin and a pooch. Will smart lipo work to tighten the skin and get rid of the pooch? I am about 5-10 lbs overweight now. Anyone with loose skin that had the procedure?

Post Pregnancy Excess Skin

+1

Thank you for your question.  It sounds like you're just starting your research process, looking into what procedure would be best for you to rid yourself of your loose post pregnancy skin.  Without examining you, I'd have to just answer in general terms.  Any kind of liposuction, be it Smart Lipo or traditional liposuction is just a tool to thin out the layer of fat directly under the skin.  Your results depend on many factors, including your skin elasticity.  Most of my patients who are fighting off the last of the baby weight combine their Smart Lipo procedure with a tummy tuck, or even a mini tummy tuck for the best results in skin tightening.  I recommend that you have an open conversation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area regarding your aesthetic goals to help you determine which procedure, or combination of procedures is best for you.

Sounds like you might benefit by a tummy tuck

+1

If you have more than just a little loose skin, Smart Lipo will not do much for it. I have done plenty of both Smart Lipo and Tummy Tucks and am doing less Smart Lipo for the tummy now. Part of your pouch is likely loosened muscle envelope anyway and Smart Lipo does nothing for that.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo will not tighten the skin any more than standard liposuction

+1

In my experience with the laser and ultrasonic lipo tools, there is no significant difference in skin tightening. If you skin has healthy elasticity, you will retract normally after weight loss or liposuction. You should be at least 6 months after your pregnancy and stable at a weight. If you have loose skin and a pooch after two children, you most likely need a mini or standard tummy tuck. If you are finished having children, these are excellent choices. With a mini tummy tuck, there is only a lower abdominal scar and aggressive liposuction. With a standard procedure, we tighten the muscles and there is a scar in the lower abdomen and around the belly button.

Do not waste you money on fancy laser procedures in the office that claim to eliminate your pooch, like Smartlipo, Vaser, or Velashape. They just don't work. Go to a doctor who will provide you with the correct answers and the right surgery.