Can Smart Lipo Tighten a Loose Neck?

I had traditional liposuction of the chin and neck about 3 months ago and it caused a little loose skin in my neck. I am 49 years old and was probably not a good candidate for this procedure. I do not want a neck lift and was hoping that Smart Lipo could tighten the area. Is this possible? If not, what other procedures besides a necklift or facelift has positive results? I would be happy even with a 50% change.

Can Smart Lipo Tighten a Loose Neck?

+1

Although, any energy assisted liposuction - laser assisted (Smart Lipo) or ultrasound assisted (Vaser Lipo) - can tone or tighten skin to a small degree,  they will not tighten the neck skin to the extent that a neck lift or face lift can.  Before making a decision to have neck liposuction seek out ac board certified plastic surgeon who performs both liposuction and neck and face lifts to determine for which you would be a better candidate.  Best wishes.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo for neck

+1

SmartLipo can be an excellent option for contouring the neck.  The added benefit of the laser can help stimulate collagen formation and tighten the skin.  Also, adding an external skin tightening procedure such as a fractionated CO2 laser may help in addition to SmartLipo.  However, it has to be used in the right patient.  If there is too much excess skin, a surgical neck lift may be needed. 

Naveen Setty, MD

Smart lipo can work well on the neck

+1

The combination of removing the fat cells we accumulate under the chin, along with the definite collagen stimulation and tightening - makes smart lipo worthy of consideration. It's all about the right procedure for the right person. In some individuals a more aggressive surgical lift might be recommended.

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo to tighten skin of neck

+1

I personally do not think the laser lipolysis machines give adequate skin tightening.  A neck lift or some lasers that do skin tightening may be better options.

Neck

+1

It would be nice to see pictures or even better to see you. Smart lipo is used to toghten neck skin in minor cases where the patient does not want a bigger surgery. Talk to a doctor that performs Smart lipo.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD