How is the recovery time with Smart Lipo; Swelling/Recovery?

Hi - I am getting smartlipo done on my outer/inner thighs tomorrow. I am generally very thin except with abnormally big saddlebags/lowerbody. I will be going to work 2 days later, I usually wear pants, will the swelling be so much that it will be visible through normal clothes or will I be wearing clothes 1 size up? I dont want to look abnormal with swelled up thighs because I am very petite and I will be meeting a lot of people at work. Also in exactly 3 weeks I will be travelling, is it ok/

Smartlipo recovery...

Smartlipo is less traumatic then regular liposuction, causing less swelling to the body areas treated. When having smartlipo you should expect to be out of work for at least 2-3 days. Commonly after surgery you will be required to wear a compression garment for about 6 weeks, depending on what your surgeon recommends. A compression garment is typically worn to reduce swelling and promote skin retraction. As the patient, you should abstain from heavy lifting for at least 1-2 weeks post surgery.

Swelling after smart lipo.

I would discuss this with your surgeon who can provide your with the best advice. For example, The treated fat can be evacuated with a traditional liposuction machine or can be left for the body to resorb. In the latter situation, the swelling can persist for a longer period after surgery.

If you were my patient, I would advise you to go on vacation; relax and enjoy the trip followed by the surgical procedure when you return.  However, it is safe to travel more than 2 weeks following any surgical procedure. 

Swelling and lipo

Swelling after any form of liposuction is normal.  In most cases you can go back to work in a few days.  By three weeks you can do most activities but will experience additional swelling.