Smart Lipo Swelling/Recovery. What Can I Expect For Timing?

Hi! I'm getting smart Lipo on August 18 on my upper and lower abs, waist and hips. When I went for my consult the gal told me I should heal pretty fast since I am young and have very elastic skin with not much to lose. My concern is that I will be going to vegas September 14 and want to make sure most of if not all of my swelling has gone down. Are there any tips or tricks to help reduce swelling other than the compression garment? Thanks!

Should be fine for your trip!

+1

You should be fine by that time; it will be 4 weeks post.  Wear your compression garment, watch your diet and remember low salt.

Swelling After Smart Lipo

+1

The compression garment does help, so I recommend wearing it continuously until you go on your trip.  Be sure to maintain a healthy diet after surgery and begin exercise as soon as your surgeon allows.  In the long run, it takes a full six months for all of the swelling to go away following SmartLipo, but enough should have gone away within the first 4 weeks to allow you to enjoy your vacation.  Best wishes!

Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Tip

+1

Wear you garment at least 2 weeks. Then try spanks Compression is key Begin exercise when your doctor says so. Low salt diet. Continue or start back to low cal diet. Try arnica for faster healing and bruising Good luck you are pushing the envelope

Web reference: http://www.drbray,com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.