How Are Smart Lipo Results Superior to Alternatives for Enhancing the Stomach?

How does smart lipo compare to the other types of liposuction on the abdomen? compared to Liposculpture? or others?

How Smart is "Smart Lipo"

+3

Smart lipo is just a marketing ploy to push the public to consume additional, often unnecessary technology. Anything with a laser must be better right?  Not really.  The skill of the surgeon combined with the anatomy of the patient are the keys to making a successful lipo outcome. Smart lipo does bring with it risks not associated with traditional lipo - skin burns. The laser, if used improperly, can heat up the tissues to such a degree that they are burned, causing visible scarring.

Choose your surgeon based upon his/her skill, training and certification. Not on what technology they use.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

They are not

+3
SmartLipo is not smart. It's just a very smart name. What is smart and gives superior results is finding an experienced and skillful plastic surgeon who can can properly assess you and determine which procedure will get you the results you want. Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

What matters in liposuction?

+3

The 2 most important factors in the results from liposuction are the talent of the surgeon, and the quality (elasticity) of the patient's skin.  NO technology, laser, PAL, or otherwise will overcome either a poor surgeon or poor elasticity.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Smart Lipo vs other forms of liposuction

+3

The physician performing the procedure is more important than the technology being used! You can get equally good results with a number of techniques: PAL, Vaser, Laser. The claims of better skin shrinkage with laser or vaser are pure marketing without any hard science behind it. Pick an experienced surgeon! Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Smart, smarter, smartest lipo - depends on the surgeon not the device

+2

Smart lipo is a brand name for one type of laser-assisted liposuction. While I don't have personal experience with it, I can tell you that more than 90% of board-certified plastic surgeons don't believe there is any measureable benefit to using the laser with lposuction. Despite marketing claims that it is safer, it actually carries additional risks such as skin burns. One thing that it is definitely not is a substitute for a tummy tuck where there is loose skin. Remember that liposuction is surgery, and choosing the surgeon is more important than choosing the tool that they use.

Richard Baxter, MD

SmartLipo - Superior For Enhancing the Stomach Area?

+1

After years of following the SmartLipo technology along with every other technology offered as tools to improve plastic surgery results, I've finally come to believe the new SmartLipo TriPlex is superior liposuction technology. The SmartLipo TriPlex is the 5th generation SmartLipo and the data I examined clearly showed that skin tightening after liposuction with SmartLipo TriPlex is significantly better. I do agree with other Certified Plastic Surgeons that it is more the swordsman than the sword that results in superior results, but having a better sword might occasionally make the difference that matters!

The new SmartLipo TriPlex now also has safety features that prevent burning which I considered a deal killer with previous generations of SmartLipo. Because of these reasons, I now offer SmartLipo TriPlex along with several other liposuction technologies such as VASER which is superior when also wanting to perform a fat transfer to another area of the body. Each patient is different and has different needs. I try to make sure that i have the advanced technology that will help me to meet the needs of the majority of my patients and SmartLipo is one fo those technologies.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Benefits of SmartLipo vs traditional liposuction

+1

When you ask the difference between the many varieties of liposuction, it is important to realize that no matter which method a physician prefers, it is the experience and knowledge of the surgeon that must be the primary consideration. I do believe that SmartLipo can give superior results to traditional liposuction on the abdomen because more fat can be removed. And SmartLipo shrinks the skin as well. The SmartLipo Triplex actually vaporizes the fat with its three different lasers. It does not just attempt to mechanically suction the fat.

Scott C. Young, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo and Liposuction

+1

Just to reiterate what the others have said, Smartlipo is one of many devices that enhance liposuction with some form of energy (light, sound, mechanical).  As with all the others, these machines fail to produce superior results compared to standard liposuction, and this has been documented in scientific articles published in the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal.  Superior liposuction results come from highly experienced surgeons who perform liposuction on excellent candidates for the procedure.  Persons that are significantly over weight or have loose or sagging skin are not good candidates, and machines like Smartlipo or any other high tech device will not tighten skin or get a smoother result.

Liposculpture is a marketing term used by doctors trying to destinguish what they do from others, when in fact it is the same thing: liposuction.

Although there are many experienced dermatologists that perform excellent liposuction surgery, I recommend having a consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  These doctors are more likely to tell you that liposuction may not be the ideal surgery for your abdomen, if that is the case, and that another surgery like abdominoplasty would give you a better result.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS