Will my Smart Lipo Results Get Better?

I had Smart Lipo done on my upper and lower abs and flanks about 3 months ago. I'm not seeing much results on my lower abs, so I called back and asked how much the fat the doctor had removed. He only removed 300 cc's from my abs which equates to about 10 ounces. Are my results going to get much better? I am still grabbing a lot of fat on my lower abs.

SmartLipo results

+1

At about 3 months following abdominal liposuction, your results are fairly defined as most of the swelling has subsided by that time. Without seeing you before or after surgery, it's hard to tell if 300cc is an appropriate amount. It does seem a bit on the low side, but then again, I haven't examined you. Also, if you gained weight over the past 3 months, your results will be diminished. For this reason, I usually weight my patients before surgery as a baseline.

I also tell my patients that I always perform liposuction on the conservative side because you can always go back and take more fat out but it's very difficult to put it back if you take out too much. I would suggest going back to your surgeon and relaying your concerns to him or her. Good luck!

Dr. Singer