Required BMI for Smart Lipo?

I have been on a weight loss program for 12 weeks and have lost almost 35 lbs.The clinc where I go also does Smart Lipo. My doctor says that there is a BMI I must be under to have the Smart Lipo done. I was just wondering what that BMI is? He didn't mention the exact number.

Liposuction and BMI

+1

Liposuction is not the best treatment for weight loss. If you need to lose a lot of weight, liposuction is not the answer. It is best for treating areas that is recalcitrant to diet and exercise.  Besides, most doctors will only remove at most 5 liters of fat in any one session.