Does Smart Lipo remove more fat than Aqua Lipo?

Smartlipo doesn't remove more fat than Aqua lipo

+1
THere are many different liposuction tools. I have Smartlipo triplex, Vaser, Body Jet, and tumescent liposuction. The different tools are used in different situations. I like Smartlipo for some areas, especially the abdomen, Body Jet for others (like bra rolls), and Vaser for others (like the flanks). As other doctors have answered, it isn't just the tool being used, it is the doctor doing the treatment. Look for someone with real liposuction experience, not just a certain machine.

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

+1
The surgeon who removes the most fat removes the most fat.  This will become apparent if you look at enough before and after pictures.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Fat removal

+1
I have a SmartLipo Triplex for full disclosure. But my answer is any liposuction technique can remove fat be it standard tumescent lipo, aqua lipo, ultrasonic lipo, or laser lipo. Each technique has its caveats and so you want to find a plastic surgeon who is experienced with his or her own method. It's not so much which technique is 'better' at removing fat as much as it is who is removing the fat.

Lee E. Corbett, MD

Smart Lipo versus aqua lipo

+1
Question of which type of Liposuction removes more fat, is really entirely dependent on the operator. You will have some operators that really are conservative in the amount they removed and others that are much more aggressive.
Also the amount of removal depends on patient comfort. If you are awake for the procedure and are entirely dependent on the operator's ability to provide numbing medication through tumescent solution, you may have an incomplete anesthesia of the area being operated on. This will limit how aggressive one can be.  Conversely, if you were asleep, the operator can be much more aggressive as an endpoint to make sure that there was able to achieve your goals.
I would definitely go see a board-certified plastic surgeon maybe to talk to you about the pros and cons of different levels of sedation and what to expect from your procedure as far aggressiveness of outcomes.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD