Why is Recovery from Smart Lipo Taking So Long?

I'M 52 and I had Smart Lipo a month ago. I still have pain, numbness, and swelling. Why is it taking so long for me to recover?

Recovery after liposuction

+1

Surgery is trauma to the body and everyone heals differently. Having said that, most swelling following liposuction (of the body) is gone by 8 weeks, although it can take up to 3-4 months for all the swelling to subside. The pain and numbness is a result of small nerves underneath the skin that get traumatized during the procedure. They usually start working again in 3-4 months but can take up to a year to come back fully.

Don't worry--1 month after liposuction is still early. Your body will heal itself on it's own without any interventions. Patients oftentimes want something to be done to make them heal faster. I find that a minimalistic approach in the postoperative time period is the best form of medicine. Make sure to see your doctor for routine follow-up, but again, let your body do the healing! Good luck!