How is Smart Lipo Recovery for One Area Only?

I am wondering if it is possible to have Smart Lipo or cool lipo performed under local anesthesia and if one is able to drive back home on their own if it only involves lower abs for example?

One Area with SmartLipo

I wouldn’t recommend it. Even though it’s under local anesthesia you never know how you are going to feel. Most physicians give you a small sedative (not saying this right) prior to surgery just so you are nice and relaxed for the surgery, we do not recommend any driving after the procedure.

60 East 56th Street
New York, NY 10022

Smart Lipo recovery

For the most part, recovery from liposuction is easily manageable. Lipo isn't called the "quick fix" for nothing. Almost all procedures take only an hour or so to perform. They are typically done in an office operating room, using only local anesthesia and twilight sedation. Patients walk out afterward without feeling very groggy, and often may return to their normal lives the next day. Your return home depends on various factors, such as the length of the procedure, anesthesia used, and how much is being removed. Typically, patients prefer to have someone drive them home and get them settled, but it is best to consult with your doctor.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

1001 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10028

Smart Lipo for one area

Smart Lipo or for that matter any form of lipo can be performed under local. I personally thinks that it hurts too much and you are better off having some form of sedation. Going home after the procedure by yourself is not a good idea.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Recovery from small liposuction

There is minimal recovery fro doing liposuction on a focused area.  If the area were truly tiny, you could drive home but the "lower abs" is bigger than that.  I would recommend that you have a driver for this. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

1135 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Smart Lipo recovery for one area

It most likely will be a few days. But there are always exceptions. Be careful and get a great informed consent. Regards and Happy New Year!

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143