Am I a Smart Lipo Candidate?

I have always had issues with weight and after I had my daughter 9 years ago. It got worse. I am getting married in June and have recently lost 35 pounds. I am 31, 5'1 and weight now 153 pounds. I was 179 at one point. I went from a size 14 to a size 8. I still have a horrid midsection. I always had a stomach even when I was in my twenties and thin. I heard about Smart Lipo and heard all the good stories and a few bad ones. Is Smart Lipo for me?

Target Groups for Smartlipo

+1

The best target groups for smartlipo are:

1. Patients who have had a liposuction and need one or more isolated areas improved in a cost effective and convenient manner.
  2. Patients who are younger and more active who desire to avoid the downtime of a traditional liposuction.
  3. Patients who seek natural looking results from a local anesthesia procedure.

If an area is more signficant or if there are multiple areas, traditional liposuction may be the better alternative.

Smart Lipo Treatment of Abdomen

+1

Several different factors contribute to a"tummy". After pregnancy, the muscles of you abdomen may be stretched. In many cases, no matter how much exercise you perform, you cannot achieve a flat belly. Surgical tightening of the muscles might be needed.

The second factor contributing to the belly is fat. Fat is most efficiently removed with standard tumescent liposuction.

The third area to be examined is the quality of the skin. If the skin has poor elasticity and /or stretch marks, the skin must be tightened or removed. Smart Lipo is our best tool for tightening skin, often in combination with liposuction fat removal. If there is true hanging skin, a tummy tuck may be needed to remove the extra skin.

Richard L. Dolsky, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon