Permanent Damage from Smart Lipo

I have uneven areas, waviness and some bumpiness in my abdomen after smart-lipo (tumescent assisted) done in Dec 2008. While noticeable to my eye only perhaps... I would like to psychologically get this fixed. Did this cause permanent damage to my health and nerves? I sometimes have to massage the bumpy areas, but after 2 years they still pop up in the same spot to the right of my belly button. I'm looking into the MC1 Vaser to fix these areas? will that work?

Lumps that come up and down after laser liposuction

+1

Please see a board certified surgeon to ensure you don't have a hernia. It doesn't make sense to have lumps that come up and down after liposuction. Do not do a secondary liposuction procedure until you also see a second opinion from an experienced liposuction physician.

Lumps after lipo

+1

I would not go ahead and have any other procedure without getting a re-evaluation.  What are these lumps?

Permanent Damage from Smart Lipo

+1

I agree with Dr Otto Placik, do not do the Vaser Lipo, very bad idea. But what troubles me is your statement, While noticeable to my eye only" and it has been over 2 years since the operation. You need in person evaluation. I doubt additional Smart Lipo will help. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski, over 2,000 Smart lipo cases. 

You may need tummy tuck

+1
You are not alone and there are a lot patients that have the same complain. The main reason is that you were not a good candidate for the laser lipo and should had tummy tuck. There are a lot of non-qualified doctor that offer laser lipo to every one since that is the only procedure they offer.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Abdomen damaged by Smartlipo

+1

I have personally seen several patients who were harmed by laser liposuction.  Unless you have extra skin and can do a tummy tuck, there may be no way to fix this.  Sorry.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Laser eraser: no such thing for lumps after smart lipo: SEE VIDEO CLICK HERE

+1

I do not understand the appearance and diapperance of the lumps. This sounds like a hernia or cyst. However do not waste your money on Vaser. It will not correct the problem. A full tummy tuck may do this. Check out the patient in the following video at 6:16 minutes.