Does Being Overweight or Underweight Matter with Smart Lipo?

At the time of Smart Lipo surgery, does it matter if you're a little overweight or underweight? Is it easier to grab more fat cells if they are larger, or does that even make a difference?

Yes, weight matters with Smart Lipo

+1

As a general rule, the best liposuction candidates are those that are at their ideal body weight, with elastic skin and focal fatty deposits. Liposuction is possible in overweight patients, but subpar results with residual fat and skin laxity is a concern. I always tell my liposuction patients that I deem to be good candidates to lose weight prior to surgery. That just increases your chances of getting the best possible result. You should see a surgeon who performs liposuction regularly for a personalized answer to your question. Good luck!