Lipo to Lose Weight Gained Through Menopause?

Hi, I am 22 and am going through menopause. my doctor told me a year ago that my body stopped producing estrogen and im in a menopausal state, which explains how i have gained 50lbs i 1 year! i want to get back to my old self but its hard to dance, run, wakeboard etc with this belly-despite diet and exercise! i would like to lose weight overall, but if i could lose my belly fat first i would be able to do more. I do want to have children one day, how would this affect that? I would also like to have stomach muscles, abs, that show, can these be built after smart lipo on my own-or only with hi def. im worried about how long after surgery i can work out-so i can lose the rest of the weight. and im worried about lumps looking for doctors in central florida!

Lipo and weight loss

+1

Liposuction is not an effective modality to lose weight.  Diet and exercise are more important and lipo can help refine problem areas.

Lipo to lose weight

+1

Dear Ttwaters,

I too am more than a bit confused here regarding why a 22 year old woman is entering menopause. Was this because of a pituitary process? If so, you may exhibit other manifestations as well and it may make it impossible for you to become pregnant. I think this issue must be studied and clarified completely before embarking on any body contouring procedures.

Once it is verified that it is medically safe to perform Liposuction on you, I would proceed. But, you must realize that liposuction will NOT be able to safely remove 50 pounds off. The most we can take off in an outpatient procedure (especially in Florida) is just over 10 pounds.

You appear to be a very good candidate for liposuction and will probably get a good result. You must realize, as many of the frustrated posts on this website demonstrate, that there is NO WAY to shrink skin regardless of what you hear and read. While Liposuction will remove the fat, it MAY result in some loose skin.

An experienced liposuction surgeon can readily remove the fat and exposed the muscles underneath giving you a "ripped" look. I would pick a board-certified (American Board of Plastic Surgery) Plastic surgeon you like and trust. The rest will be easy.

Hope this was helpful.

Avoid Smart Lipo. It's a gimmick.

+1

To ttwaters,

Hi! Several points:

1) It sounds like you have a serious medical condition. Make absolutely sure you have gotten to the bottom of this before you contemplate any cosmetic surgery.

2) Forget about "high def vaser lipo" also. In general, anything with a brand name or a catchy sounding title tells you that you are dealing with marketing. I don't know any experienced board certified plastic surgeon who uses Smart Lipo.

3) From your picture, you look like a good candidate for liposuction of the abdomen and love handles, using tumescent technique and very small cannulas. Lumps are simply avoided by well performed surgery. Remember, it is not the machine that produces the result; it is the surgeon using the machine.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)